Confirmation that Jeremy Clarkson is an idiot

At the outset I should state that I have always loathed Jeremy Clarkson. He represents all that I despise in middle-England Neanderthal man – homophobic, bigoted, narrow minded, chauvinistic and all the rest of it. He has always been thus.

Reading this in The Telegraph, about how he destroyed one of the last remaining Routemaster buses (I travelled on these for years and have a huge soft spot for them) really got my goat.

The presenter, who is known for his controversial views, destroyed the classic British double-decker in a huge fireball as part of his new DVD, Thriller.

However, fans of the famous design are angry that one of only 500 remaining Routemasters in the country had been destroyed. Andrew Morgan, chairman of the Routemaster Association, said: “It’s just sacrilege and a very sad thing to do. Why pick on a vehicle like that when you wouldn’t do it to a classic car like an E-type and there are more of them? There are plenty of other red double-deckers that he could pick on in scrapyards.

“Typical Clarkson, he likes picking on things that people know. The way he attacked caravans was done in a similar vein. He does things just to make a story to sell his video. The worst of it is that I’m a Top Gear fan.

“This bus is held in great affection by the public. It was in service for the best part of 50 years and it’s been part of everyone’s life for so long. The only way he can slightly redeem himself is if he gives the wreck over to us for spares.”

Clarkson – you are, were, and always will be in my opinion and that of many others – the epitome of what the word dickhead was coined to describe.

Apologies for the slightly vulgar language but this buffoon deserves it.

This entry was posted in in the news and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Confirmation that Jeremy Clarkson is an idiot

1. Vic says:

The guy is an idiot and should probably be locked away. He does my nut. I hate it on Sundays when Urbanvox and the boy just sit and watch top gear all day.

Vic – I’m not actually over-sensitive about stuff and I’m not very PC, I don’t think. But he’s a very well known TV personality and if he’s seen to belittle people and use ‘gay’ in a pejorative way on his show – which is funded by the license-payer – he should be taken to task. Gay people are portrayed badly enough (think of Eastenders or Emmerdale plot lines) without him doing it on a car show. He thinks it’s harmless but it’s not as it perpetuates negative – and false – stereotypes.

3. Mike says:

His voice does my f—ing head in. The best way to describe him is an overgrown child. If that man had to to real work instead of getting paid to act like a child, I bet there wouldn’t be as much crap coming out of his mouth.

Mike – agreed!

5. Jim says:

I hate him. He talks such reactionary shit.

6. Dick Lewis says:

The best comfort for me was to listen to Arthur Smith demolishing him on Andrew Brigstock’s ‘So You’ve Never Seen Star Wars’, broadcast on Radio 4 a little while ago.

My own theory on why he is so angry is because he’s talentless, and knows it!

ps I might have got the name of the programme a little wrong

7. Rickie says:

Clarkson is the original overbloated, spoilt brat. The guy has no talent and is a liabilty to BBC. Why the BBC carry on paying him massive fees to insult the intelligence of viewers defies logic.
    In a nutshell, he is so spoilt and rich he considers he can say anything he likes. Even if this means actually insulting people on his shows and in his private life.
    The guy should be sacked by the BBC and sent off in a car that suits his personality…a Trabant. By law Clarkson should not be able to drive any other car than his Trabant. A fitting tribute to this king of idiots.

8. Jim says:

Jeremy Clarkson is a total buffoon his comments about civil service workers strike was totally out of order He is a waste of money on the BBC wage bill surely this guy cant be allowed to continue at the BBC as a presenter This guy wouldnt know what its like to do a hard days work he seems to forget its the honest working man & woman that that pays his wages through the TV licence so those at the top at the BBC should get rid of this idiot now before he mouths of again and damages the BBC credibility whats left of it.

JIm

9. manuelroyal says:

As an Yank, I’m only familiar with Jeremy Clarkson from “Top Gear”. Now that I’ve read some of his wit and wisdom, I have to say, he does sound like a reactionary bigot with no interesting ideas. I’d say it’s generational — but he was born the same year as me, so that’s no excuse.

10. manuelroyal says:

Note: I think I started to write “As an American”, changed it to “Yank”, and ended up with “As an Yank”. How embarrassing.

11. Clarkson is a bigot. What is more troubling is the number of followers/admirers he has !

12. Joe says:

I suspect 90% of JCs issues could be resolved if he were to eat more fibre and take a little PT.